Swoop News

The Student News Site of Aiken New Tech High School

Swoop News

Swoop News

April Calendar
April 4, 2024
Photo courtesy of Cincinnati Public Schools
CPS Money Cut
March 21, 2024
Education and respect
March 20, 2024

Drama Club Wows with Spine-Tingling Scary Makeup

Aiken’s new Drama Club took a new level in scary when they learned makeup techniques fit for a Halloween Haunt. Mrs. Lucas, who had previously worked for some of Cincinnati’s best haunted houses, assisted the students as they worked with prosthetics, spirit gum, and other special effects.

Ms. Jordan, advisor of the Drama Club, oversaw the transformation from students into horrifying monsters. “We wanted to create a visceral experience for the audience, and makeup plays a pivotal role in achieving that,” she said. “It’s not just about the lines and the acting; it’s about how you look and how you make the audience feel.”

Using a combination of special effects makeup, prosthetics, and expertly applied cosmetics, they transformed the actors into an array of horrifying characters, from bloodthirsty vampires to vengeful ghosts. Each student worked diligently as they made sure that every scar, wound, and ghastly feature looked terrifyingly realistic.

For the next few weeks, Drama Club will be exercising their skills in order to be ready for shows coming next semester. If you’re interested in joining, drop by on Tuesday afternoons after school.