Swoop News

The Student News Site of Aiken New Tech High School

Swoop News

Swoop News

April Calendar
April 4, 2024
Photo courtesy of Cincinnati Public Schools
CPS Money Cut
March 21, 2024
Education and respect
March 20, 2024

The Superheroes of the Students

Did you know that a lot of the staff members here at Aiken New Tech High School are literal heroes based on the things that they do for their students?

Many teachers usually help students when they need help but they also make heroic moves for their students when they are struggling with either stressful and messy things at home which aren’t helping them with their school experiences or they would be in the foster care system dealing with an unsafe or unpleasant place mentally and physically. With all that said, the teachers and staff members literally open their arms to you to help you out with anything that may be going on with your life.

For example, I am a student at Aiken who is dealing with a lot throughout my life and I am also in the foster care system doing semi-indepenence. All the teachers and staff members here have helped me in any way possible. If I needed time on my classwork because of a family member passing or something stressful is going at home. I usually express to a teacher or a care coordinator how I’m feeling and express how they could help. They have helped me out since being in the 7th grade before even being a senior.

I am not the only one who has been helped. There are many who have been helped by teachers and staff members inside of the school. Arrmon Parks, a senior, told me that he has been helped more often by Ms. Voncell Zellars. According to Arrmon “The way she’s helped me with my mental health when I didn’t have a therapist is talking about really hard situations that I have been though since 7th grade and now. She’s given me job ideas on what I want to do for the future and she just been helpful throughout my life”. Arrmon said is what he was most appreciative for Ms. Zellars and he responded with “How she always gave me a hug when I needed it and how she had the space to talk to me even when she was absolutely busy!”

Not all superheroes wear capes: some of them wear badges.

It’s so nice to have all these people in the school to help and support us throughout things that are usually rough for teens/young adults inside of school and hopefully this continue. This doesn’t just make a reputation for our school, this also expresses the fact that there will always be a source of help right around the corner. If you ever need help, go to someone in school to help you with your issues and express them if needed.